How do I program speed dial numbers on a Samsung telephone?
- While on-hook, press TRANSFER and then dial 105.
- Dial a speed dial number (00–49).
- Dial a line or line group access code.
- Dial the telephone number to be stored (24 digits maximum). It can include #, ✱, FLASH and PAUSE.
- Press TRANSFER to store the number.
NOTE: If the Hot Keypad feature has been turned off, you must first lift the handsetor press the SPEAKER key before you begin dialing.
For the purposes of programming speed dial numbers, the programmable keys are defined below:
- A is not used.
- B inserts a FLASH.
- C inserts a PAUSE.
- D is used for pulse to tone conversion.
- E is used to hide digits.
- Display keyset users may want to hide some speed dial numbers so that they will not show in the display. When you are entering a telephone number, press E. All subsequent digits will be hidden. Press E again to begin displaying digits.
- F is used to enter a name (max 11 characters). This name is used to select the speed dial bin when you are dialing by directory.
- Press TRANSFER and then dial 106.
- Dial the speed dial bin number 00–49.
- Write your message using the procedure described in Alarm Reminder Messages.
- Press the TRANSFER key to store the speed dial name.
- Repeat for each speed dial bin if necessary.
- Use the HOLD key to clear a speed dial number.
How do I change the time and date on a Samsung telephone?
From the factory, your station passcode is 1234.
- Press the TRANSFER key and then dial 200.
- Enter you passcode.
- Dial 1 to enable your ability to program the data.
- Press the SPEAKER key.
- Dial 505 to edit the time and date
- To change the time and date, the format is as follows: WMMDDYY:HHMM
W (Day of the week 0-6)
- 0 - Sunday
- 1 - Monday
- 2 - Tuesday
- 3 - Wednesday
- 4 - Thursday
- 5 - Friday
- 6 - Saturday
MM (Month 01-12)
- 01 - January
- 02 - February
- 03 - March
- 04 - April
- 05 - May
- 06 - June
- 07 - July
- 08 - August
- 09 - September
- 10 - October
- 11 - November
- 12 - December
DD (Day of the month 01-31)
YY (Last 2 digits of year e.g. 16)
HH (24-Hour Clock 00-24)
MM (Minutes 00-59)
How do I transfer calls on a Samsung telephone?
Transfer is used to send any call to another extension in one of two ways. You can do a screened transfer by informing the other extension who is calling or you can do a blind transfer without notification.
- While on a call, press the TRANSFER key and dial an extension number or group number. Your call is automatically put on transfer hold.
- Press a DSS key or station group key. Your call is automatically put on transfer hold.
- Hang up when you hear ringing (this is an unscreened or blind transfer).
- Wait for the called party to answer and advise him/her of the call and hang up.
- If the transfer is refused, you will be reconnected to the outside line when the called station hangs up or you can press TRANSFER to return to the outside party.
- If you wish to send the call to another extension without waiting for the first station to hang up, simply press another DSS button.
- Press the CALL button or C.O. line key to return to the outside party and begin the transfer process again.
- When you are transferring a call to a keyset set for Voice Announce or Auto Answer, the transferred call will always ring.
- After the inside party answers, you may alternate back and forth
between the parties by pressing the TRANSFER key.
- If you receive No More Calls tone, that station has no key available to receive
another call. Press TRANSFER to return to the other party.
- You cannot transfer an Intercom call by pressing a DSS key. You must
press the TRANSFER key and dial the destination extension number.
Transfer to Voicemail
This feature is used to send a call directly to a voice mailbox.
Your keyset must have a correctly programmed VT key to accomplish this.
To transfer a call directly to a voice mailbox:
- While on a call, press the VT key and dial the mailbox number.
- Hang up when dialing is completed.
How do I make a conference call on a Samsung telephone?
You may conference up to five parties (you and four others) in any combination of outside lines and internal stations in any order.
- While engaged in a conversation, press the CONF key and receive conference tone.
- Make another call, either intercom or outside, press the CONF key and receive conference tone.
- Make another call or press the CONF key to join all parties.
- Repeat the last step until all parties are added.
NOTE: When attempting to add another party to the conference and you are not able to reach the desired person, hang up. Simply press the CONF key again to return to your previous conversation.
To drop a party from your conference call:
- Press CONF and dial the extension or line number that is to be dropped.
- Press CONF again to reestablish the conference.
NOTE: To leave the conference, hang up. Control is passed to the next internal station. If there are no internal stations and you wish to leave outside lines connected together in a trunk to trunk conference, press the CONF key plus the CALL button that the call appears on or follow the instructions to drop a party and use your extension number. When they hang up, the lines will release automatically. Press CONF to rejoin a trunk to trunk conference.
How do I forward calls on a Samsung telephone?
You may forward your calls to another station, group of stations or an external telephone number. Program a destination for the type of forwarding you want as detailed below. If you have FWD ALL, FWD BUSY and FWD NO ANSWER keys, press one to turn that forward feature on. A steady red light reminds you what forward condition is activated.
You can clear all call forward conditions set at your station by lifting the handset and dialing 600.
Forward All Calls
To forward all your calls under any condition to another station:
- Dial 601 plus the extension or group number.
- Receive confirmation tone and hang up.
- If the Hot Keypad feature has been turned off, you must first lift the handset or press the SPEAKER key before you begin dialing.
- The station that receives a Forwarded All call can transfer the call to the forwarded station. This is useful when you are expecting an important call but you do not wish to be disturbed by other calls.
- When a station user places his/her keyset in Forward All mode and he/she does not have a FORWARD ALL key, the TRANSFER key will light to indicate Forward All has been set and calls to this station have been transferred elsewhere.
To forward calls to another station when you are on the phone:
- Dial 602 plus the extension or group number.
- Receive confirmation tone and hang up.
NOTE: If the Hot Keypad feature has been turned off, you must first lift the handset or press SPEAKER before you begin dialing.
Forward No Answer
To forward calls to another station when you do not answer:
- Dial 603 plus the extension or group number.
- Receive confirmation tone and hang up.
NOTE: If the Hot Keypad feature has been turned off, you must first lift the handset or press the SPEAKER key before you begin dialing.
How do I program a reminder on a Samsung telephone?
When you use the alarm/appointment reminder feature, you create a 16 character reminder message. When the alarm rings, your message will appear instead of [ALARM REMINDER]. To program reminder messages:
- Press TRANSFER and then dial 116.
- Dial the alarm number 1, 2 or 3.
- Dial the time you want the alarm to go off. Enter the time as HHMM (hours and minutes) using the 24 hour clock.
- Dial 0 (NOT SET), 1 (TODAY) or 2 (DAILY) to select the alarm type.
- Write your message using the dial pad keys.
- Each press of a key selects a character. Pressing the next key moves the cursor to the next position. For example, if your message is "TAKE MEDICATION":
- Press 8 once to get the letter "T"
- Press 2 once to get "A"
- Press 5 twice to get "K"
- Continue selecting characters from the table below to complete your message.
- Press the TRANSFER key to store the alarm and reminder message.
- Repeat for each alarm if needed.
1. When the character you want appears on the same dial pad key as the previous character, press UP to move the cursor one space to the right.
2. Other symbols are available for DIAL #.
To cancel an individual alarm and reminder message:
- Press TRANSFER and then dial 112.
- Dial alarm number 1, 2 or 3.
- Press the HOLD key.
- Press the TRANSFER key
How do I change my password?
From the factory, your station passcode is 1234. You can change your station passcode
whenever you desire.
- While on-hook, press TRANSFER and then dial 101.
- Dial your old passcode.
- Dial a new passcode (must be four characters). You can use 0–9.
- Redial the new passcode to verify.
- If successful, you will hear two beeps.
- Four beeps indicate an incorrect code.
Reenter the code again.
- Press TRANSFER to store the new passcode.
How do I change the buttons or keys on my phone?